Friday, January 28, 2011

What is a Low Carb Diet?

Low Carb Does not mean less food. It does not mean starving. It also does not mean giving up on everything you like. Having said that it is also probably not for everyone.

As I researched some of the well established major Low Carb Diets, I found that its easier for meat eaters to apply Low Carb as compared to Vegetarians, because there are many more options to get your proteins through meat.

However I reason I started writing down this series in my blog was to say that it can work for vegetarians, even indian vegetarians.

Lets get into some details of what I'm doing:
1. Drinking lots of water. Currently I'm drinking atleast 5 glasses of water every day. But my goal is to increase it to at least 8 glasses of water every day by next week or so.
2. Frequent low carb meals. So I'm eating 6 times everyday with the goal to limit total carb intake to less than 50 per day. Note that diets are more restrictive and suggest eating as less as 20 carbs per day. Its very hard to measure the absolute number of carbs every day. So as long as you are in the ball park of less than 50 carbs, I think you are good.

So here's how my day goes:
1. wake up
2. nature's call
3. get on the scale. (believe me, its the best moment of my day, every day :)
4. drink 2 glasses of water
5. wait 2-3 hours.
6. Have low carb breakfast
7. wait 2-3 hours.
8. Have low carb fruits.
9. wait 2-3 hours.
10 Have low carb lunch.
11. wait 2-3 hours
12. Have a low carb afternoon snack.
13. wait 2-3 hours
14. Have a low carb dinner.

Bottom line, don't let yourself starve. That will be worse than even if you had a chocolate brownie. But eat smart. That's it.

Next post is going to be about what exactly I ate today. I'll probably post it tonight. Need to get ready for work.
Later,
-Navneet

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Navneet, very useful post. It'll be good to know the foods comprising the low carb diet at different times of the day. Looking fwd to your next update.

subhash said...

I am Indian vegetarian leaving in india I eat eggs can you suggest a low carb diet with the things available in india for reducing weight
Rohini Neginhal
Belgaum karnataka

Weight Loss Chart & Projections

Diet Plan for Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) for Vegetarians

Here's my current diet plan that I've been following more or less since July 2016. Morning: Tea - Chamomile/ Jasmine/ Indian Masa...