Monday, February 12, 2007

Fox Rent A Car Sucks

This past weekend I need to rent a 4WD (four wheel drive) car to go to Tahoe. So on Thursday night I made a reservation online on carrentals.com (email attached below). The reservation  was specifically for a 4WD. On Friday afternoon I went to SJC airport to pickup the car.  Here's where my nightmare begun.
 
The girl at the counter takes the print out of reservation and spends few minutes on her computer .She then asked for my driver's license which I gave her. She didn't tell me they didn't have a 4WD till I checked with her to confirm if what she was giving me was indeed a 4WD. 
 
She snapped at me " We don't have any 4WD. I'm giving you what I've". I then told her that I'd very specifically wanted a 4WD and I need it. She tells me that she understands that I'd specifically reserved a 4WD but she doesn't have it and that either I can take what she is giving me or not get anything.
 
Next she says that carrentals.com lies about Fox Rent A Car and laughs with all her other buddies behind the desk. I asked her why do you do business with them? She tells me she is not the boss of Fox Rent a car and someone else higher up decided to do business with CarRentals.com. All this while there was no sign of apology or remorse for bad customer experience delivered instead an attitude of neglect and lack of care for customers.
 
Be careful in doing business with Fox Rent A Car !


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: CarRentals.com Support <support@carrentals.com>
Date: Feb 8, 2007 8:57 PM
Subject: CarRentals.com Car Reservation
To: NAVNEET ARON <navneetaron at gmail.com>

Dear NAVNEET,

   Thank you for booking at CarRentals.com

The Fox Rental Counter Is In-Terminal

Below are the details of your reservation.
When you arrive at the Fox Pick-Up Location, use the following:

Fox Confirmation #: LFX0007F84
Car Vendor: Fox

Name: NAVNEET ARON
Phone: ###-###-####

Pick-Up Location:
SAN JOSE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (SJC)
2300 AIRPORT BLVD. STE. 160
SAN JOSE, CA 95110
Drop-Off Location:
SAN JOSE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (SJC)
2300 AIRPORT BLVD. STE. 160
SAN JOSE, CA 95110

Pick-Up Date/Time: Friday, February 9 4:00 PM
Drop-Off Date/Time: Sunday, February 11 2:00 PM

Vehicle Type: Intermediate 4WD

Features: Automatic Air Conditioning, Unlimited Mileage


2 Days @ $39.46/day = $78.92
Estimated Taxes and Fees: $22.24
TOTAL ESTIMATED CHARGES: $101.16

Have A Question About This Reservation?
Call 1-800-225-4369 Direct To Fox Representatives
Please Be Sure To Give Your Confirmation Number LFX0007F84

It's not too late to add collision insurance to this rental!
Only $11.99 A Day for $25,000 Collision coverage with a $0 deductible when purchased through CarRentals.com
Why pay $14 or $20 at the rental counter?

**New Features** View, Modify, Cancel, Contact Support,  Add Collision Insurance, or Request A Copy Of This Reservation in Real-Time by clicking this link

http://www.carrentals.com/res/?018LFX0007F84

You can always contact customer support regarding this car reservation by visiting http://www.carrentals.com/customercare/ or by sending email to support@carrentals.com

Thank you for renting a car at CarRentals.com

Have a nice trip



--
Navneet Aron
http://navneetaron.blogspot.com/
 

2 comments:

Nir Pengas said...

Yep - Fox Rent a Car is a shitty place to do business with. Their customer service sucks big time and just recently they settled in court for spying after their customers, loosing big money.

.

Anonymous said...

I landed when I told Fox I would land (10pm) ... I asked the Fox person on the phone about the time being 10pm and they said, "it is not a problem"...even when the confirmation said 12pm. I called back again to confirm -- same response, they assured me it was "no problem" -- when I arrived at Fox in san Diego they said it was cancelled because the time was 12pm. Instead of renting me a car, or trying to find one for me, they did not even offer me a ride. My wife and I walked down a few alleys, past a sleeping bum in the doorway of one of the warehouses near Fox and into alamo, where they laughed and said "We're not surprised. and rented us a car". The only concern Fox has was putting blame on the customer, rather than taking responsbiility -- at the very least, Fox should have offered us a ride to a safe place, instead of telling us to walk 4 blocks with our luggage in the dead of night.

I am SO happy I decided NOT to bring my 2 year old children, I would have been irrate -- instead of simply frustrated. I had a bad feeling about Fox and it was confirmed when I took the risk and decided to "rent" from them.

Everyone who attended the Wedding rehearsal, dinner, and reception I was in town for now knows about the bad experience and what shitty customer service Fox Rent a Car has...those in the crowd who travel agreed that Fox sucks.

Thank you. This survey is also in the public domain as well.

Weight Loss Chart & Projections

Diet Plan for Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) for Vegetarians

Here's my current diet plan that I've been following more or less since July 2016. Morning: Tea - Chamomile/ Jasmine/ Indian Masa...